Summer’s here and everyone’s hitting the road to travel. The last thing you want on your trip is to break down on the side of the road and be left stranded. Keep these safety essentials in your car this summer to avoid any mishaps on the side of the road.
- Spare Tire – A flat tire can ruin anyone’s day. Most cars come with a spare donut that can be driven on for only 70 miles, just enough to hopefully get you to a repair shop. Be sure that your car is always equipped with a fully inflated donut or spare tire.
- Portable Car Battery Charger – A dead car battery can quickly turn any trip into a disaster if you don’t have jumper cables and another vehicle. Portable battery chargers are a great alternative – most are small and inexpensive.
- Warning Devices – Whether you use road flares or bright orange traffic cones, make sure you can alert oncoming drivers about your stopped vehicle.
- First Aid Kit – Always be prepared. Make sure that this kit includes the essentials, like bandages, gauze, and sunscreen.
- Portable Phone Charger – Many of us rely on our cell phones to be a GPS or to call for help. Keep a portable battery in your car in case your car isn’t able to charge your phone.
- Water – In the summer, temperatures in a car can hit record limits. These hot temperatures can increase your risk of dehydration. Be sure to stay hydrated, even if the water is a bit warm.