asi tow truck


ASI Collision Inc. makes settling your claims simple and painless. We assist you every step of the way getting your car back to showroom condition.



Where Do I Get a Claim Number?

Your insurance company will provide you with a claim number when you report your auto accident.  If you need the phone number of your insurance company’s claim department please call us at (617) 364-1722 and we will assist you. Once your claim number is established, ASI Collision Inc. will handle everything moving forward.

How Long Will the Repairs Take?

Depending upon the amount of damage the repair time will vary.  When you bring your car to our facility we will have one of our on-site appraisers walk you through the entire collision repair process.

Do You Need to Complete an Accident Report And/Or Operator’s Report?

You should file a Massachusetts Vehicle Crash Operator Report if you were the operator of a vehicle involved in an accident with damage being over $1,000.00 or if there is any injury to any person (even if the police came to the accident scene).

One copy of the report should be mailed or delivered to the local police department where the accident occurred, a second copy to your insurance company and a third copy to the Registry of Motor Vehicles (address listed below).

Crash Records
Registry of Motor Vehicles
PO Box 55889
Boston, MA 02205-5889.

Can I Get a Rental Car?  If So, How Do I Obtain One?

If you carry rental coverage on your insurance policy then the rental bill will be directly billed to your insurance company.  If you do not carry rental coverage ASI Collision offers a discounted rate of $20/day through Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

** Please note that ASI Collision carries a Concierge Agreement with Enterprise Rent-A-Car which permits us to deliver your rental car to you at the time of picking up your vehicle.  If you are dropping your vehicle off at our facility we can either call Enterprise when you arrive or have the rental here at the time of drop off.

Do I Need to Purchase Additional Insurance for My Rental Car?

If you insurance policy is a full coverage policy then no, you do not have to take the daily additional insurance coverage through the rental company (in the event that you are involved in an accident while driving your rental car then your insurance deductible will apply).  If your insurance policy is a limited collision policy then yes, you do have to have collision coverage and will need to take the insurance coverage offered by the rental company.

What Does It Mean When a Vehicle is Declared a “Total Loss?”

A vehicle is deemed a “total loss” when the cost of the repairs are equal or exceed the vehicle’s value.  Additionally, a total loss will result if the pre-accident condition cannot be restored to your vehicle.

What Is a Deductible?

A deductible is the amount of money you are obligated to pay as a result of an accident and is deducted from the initial claim payment.  If a policyholder has purchased the Waiver of Deductible Endorsement on their individual policy, the deductible amount for Collision Coverage will not apply under the following circumstances:

– The vehicle was legally parked when struck by another vehicle owned by an

– identified person.

– The vehicle was struck in the rear by another moving vehicle in the same direction and owned by an identified person.

– The operator of the other vehicle was  convicted of any of the following:

  1. Operating under the influence of alcohol, marijuana or a narcotic drug
  2. Driving the wrong way on a one-way street
  3. Operating at an excessive rate of speed
  4. Any similar violation of any similar law of another state in which the accident occurs

** However, insurance will not pay if the operator of your covered vehicle was also convicted of one of the violations.

– You are entitled to recover in court against an identified person for some reason other than those listed above.

How Will Payment Be Made For My Repairs?

We offer direct billing to the insurance company! For repairable vehicles, your insurance company with either pay your repair shop directly, with your written authorization (Direction to Pay), or issue payment to you and your lien holder (if applicable).  You are responsible for payment of your deductible to the repair shop unless you purchased the Waiver of Deductible endorsement and the requirements have been met to waive the deductible.  Any supplemental appraisal payments will be issued according to the same methods described above.

For total losses, payment will be made directly to you, less any applicable deductible, when no lien holder exists.  If there is a lien holder who retains a financial interest in your vehicle, payments would first be issued to satisfy those obligations and any remaining balance would be made payable to you.

What Are Betterment Charges?

Betterment is a deduction taken on parts that wear out with time and use (i.e. tires, brakes, suspension parts, etc.).  Your insurance company will determine the betterment by the amount of mileage on your vehicle at the time of appraisal.  In most cases ASI Collision will try to absorb any small betterment charges.

Is There a Warranty on the Repairs to My Vehicle?

Yes, we have a 100% warranty on the repairs of your vehicle (including paint) for the lifetime you own your vehicle.

What Is a Direction to Pay?

A direction to pay is required by your insurance company in order for the shop to receive payment directly.

Check out the Authorization to Repair Form 


Leave a Reply

Call Us Now!