As the temperatures start to get warmer, stepping into your car to head to work, run errands, or cart the kids around can be miserable. Hot, sticky air. Burning hot seats. The inside of your car can be an average of 20-30 degrees warmer than it is outside and making the effort to keep the interior of your car cool will make your daily routine and commitments that much easier.
With the help of these tips, you’ll be able to keep yourself (and your car!) cool all summer long.
1. Park In The Shade: If possible, park your car in the shade, or in a parking garage, especially during the warmest times of the day.
2. Turn Your Car Around: While it isn’t always possible to park in the shade, you can try to turn your car around so most of the sunlight hits the back of your car. This will help your steering wheel or seat from getting too hot.
3. Cover Up The Windows: Window covers will ensure that sun doesn’t directly hit the seats of your car. It can make a difference and wont make your body sting when sitting down.
4. Window Tinting: Tinting your vehicles windows can be a really good way of keeping your car much cooler. Whether you are driving or your car is parked, this can be a big help.
5. Air Ventilation: To get some air flow through your car, crack at least two windows open. This will help with circulation. Just make sure you don’t leave your windows so wide open that someone could break into your car.
6. Blast A/C: When all else fails, turn your Air Conditioner on full blast before you get in. Giving your car just a few minutes to cool down can make a huge difference.